Saturday 1 May 2010

Sigh

FM attempts to take a Past Medical History, she thinks she gets everything. Looks in the notes and sees that patient has had four heart attacks.
On someone else FM sees that a patient has a lanz incision or other surgical scar, asks if patient has had any operations. "No" is the answer. Later on examination FM politely asks what those scars are from, "Well from my operations of course!"
FM feels stupid, especially when presenting back to the FY1 who informs her that said patient is epileptic, despite FM asking on SE if they had had any fits or seizures.
All good fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sound like you had the week I did. Are you stalking me or something?

    But seriously, those things happen to students all the time, GET SMASH'D and all. Makes you feel happy you're learning something at least, don't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not at Cambridge,so you dont need to worry!
    I feel like I'm learning all the time, today I further refined how I perform System Enquiry. Sorry to read about you being discovered, I'm assuming thats the reason your posts dried up, its a shame - yours was the first medical student blog I read

    ReplyDelete