Friday 22 October 2010

See one, do one, teach one

There are lots of wise saying in medicine, another one to that given in the title is "If you dont put your finger in, you may put your foot in it." Yesterday I saw a grommet being inserted, last week a cataract operation (seeing one was pretty cool, the fourth wasn't such fun). Both times the surgeon turned to me and joked "See one, do one, teach one - so now its your turn." I asked if i could see them do it on the right ear-eye first before I tried

3 comments:

  1. So who will you be teaching next week? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the see one, do one, teach one saying from my days in the pathology lab. They took it quite literally and i was teaching people how to use equipment and perform tests after 2 sessions. Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall probably end up showing sixth formers how to put in grommets. Then we can sack all the ENT consultants and sixth formers can put it down as work experience on there ucas form

    ReplyDelete