Thursday 7 January 2010

Nothing to get your hopes up about

Medical students are taught to be rather sceptical when evaluating new treatments (or anything else for that matter). This has served me well, especially when I am "Home, Home" and I glance the Daily Mail as read so by my parents. Apparently Alzheimers disease can be prevented and reversed by using mobile phones.



This was based on just one study on 96 mice, to me this signifies nothing, except maybe as an indicator as to where future research should be directed.



A quick google search will find this article, that didn't seem to worry or affect us then

1 comment:

  1. Can I direct you to "Behind the Headlines"? This an excellent NHS resource that looks at things like this and analyses the root studies properly: http://www.nhs.uk/News/Pages/NewsArticles.aspx

    ReplyDelete